Sunday, August 9, 2026

Silly Blunder

In the last week or so, in my ongoing efforts to boldly appear in the world as my authentic self, I've picked up a new habit.

I won't bore you with a big lead-up and a lame reveal. I'll just proceed with the lame reveal...

I've been wearing a small amount of makeup each day at work. Nothing extreme. Nothing even noticeable. Usually, just a very light layer of mascara and a touch of white on the inner corners of my eyes. As I said, nothing noticeable, but I know it's there. 

It makes me feel edgy and brave to wear makeup nobody will notice. I know, I'm weird.

On my days off, I'm a bit bolder, often wearing eye shadow, eyeliner, foundation, concealer, etc. I haven't worn a "full face" of makeup yet, but I hope to remedy that very soon.

Usually, I'll quickly brush on some mascara and draw some white on my inner corners with my Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil when I'm fresh out of the shower, to give the mascara time to dry before I put my glasses on. 

Anyway, I was in such a hurry to get ready for work today that I completely spaced and didn't apply any makeup.

When I realized that I wasn't wearing any makeup, about 8 hours into my 12-hour shift, I was rather disappointed. I promised myself that I would go hog wild with makeup when I got home (which I didn't), and that I would never forget to wear makeup to work again.

That's complete rubbish, by the way. I know I'll forget again in the future, but not soon, and hopefully not often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment