Sunday 8/30/26:
Having really enjoyed yesterday's outing, I decided to duplicate it today.
Upon my arrival home, I shed the awful work clothes I had been wearing all night, leaving me wearing only the thong panty, mesh bra and nude sheer pantyhose I will wear until it's time to rinse (shower) and repeat (go to work yet again). I then put a lovely silver anklet on my right ankle, slipped in my favorite ballet flats, and headed to the spare bedroom in search of a dress. I found a very pretty black a-line dress, with a pattern of small white diamonds, added a belt, and topped the ensemble off with a cute silver bracelet on my left wrist.
I then let my pup outside, and stepped boldly onto the walkway, walked it to the shared sidewalk, and stood there, awaiting adulation from the neighbors. When the adulation (again) didn't show, I grew bored and walked back up the walkway and into the house.
These neighbors had best tighten up...
Thursday 9/3/26:
Every month, on the first Thursday of the month, there is a gathering of CD / TV / TG "girls" at a gay club about 45 minutes from where I live. I used to attend this gathering sporadically, and really looked forward to it, until I started feeling like certain attendees were shoving their political leanings down everyone's throats.
I understand that, for reasons I won't discuss here, most people under the LGBT umbrella lean heavily to the left. I do not. I am a proud and patriotic conservative. However, I know that there are places and times when we leave politics at the door, and I believe this particular event to be one of those places. We don't gather to discuss politics. We gather to spend time with like-minded people, in a welcoming setting. At least, that's why I do it.
So I was soured on this event for that reason. Then I got sick. That was over 3 years ago. I haven't been since, until tonight.
I've been wanting to have a proper GNO (girls' night out) ever since I left the hospital, and haven't had the nerve to go through with it until today. There have been prior months, when I've decided to attend the "first Thursday" event, but backed out at the last minute. This time, my work schedule, my desire to be out, and my courage aligned perfectly, and I went!
I'd like to say it was enjoyable from beginning to end, but the truth is that it started very slowly and nearly fizzled out early on.
I'm a fairly introverted person. In a bar setting, if I'm not with someone I know well and am comfortable with, I tend to keep to myself. Well, I'm thankful for other people's boldness, because it saved my night. I was first approached by a newcomer, who has adopted the name Melissa. We had a very good conversation about going out, our origins, etc. Then, when I went to the bar for another drink, a very cute young person (I'm sorry, this person had an androgynous look male or female) named Erin. We had a short but very pleasant talk, and I went on my way.
Then I reconnected with Maggie, whom I had attended this event with before, even riding there together because we both live in the same town. We were catching up when we were interrupted by "Kat," who immediately brought politics into the event, saying that he'd run for a seat in the House of Representatives, and lost the primary, but had received 32% of the vote. I could have started a brawl at that very moment by voicing my opinions on all matter political, but I just walked away.
Other than the occasional insane outburst from Kat, the night went rather well. I'll definitely attend again. In fact, I promised Maggie I'd drive both of us to next month's event.
No comments:
Post a Comment