Friday, July 31, 2026

This Week's Outings, 7/26/26

My failure to update last week has led me to a decision.

I'll update these "what I wore outside this week" posts, on the days I actually ventured out into the world. Otherwise, it feels like a chore and I get bored with it pretty quickly. 

Monday 7/27/26:

Today was a very bad day. A tornado tore through my area, and missed my house by less than a mile. 

In the storm, I ran out do get my trash can out of the street, wearing a pair of pink biker shorts over blue sheer tights. My fiancee was home at the time, and saw me do the whole thing.

I should be happy, but this storm caused a lot of damage and ruined a lot of lives. It's going to take a long time to rebuild. 

Wednesday 7/29/26:

I had grand designs to go out into the world today, in my femme attire, but since I worked 8 12-hour shifts in a row (which ended Tuesday morning), I've been feeling rather lazy. I stayed home the entire day, with one very small exception...

Because of Monday's storm, and the resultant loss of electricity, I was forced to disconnect my garage door opener in order to get my car out of the garage and go to work. My fiancee decided to try to reconnect it when the power was restored, but things went sideways, and the garage door was stuck closed for 2 days, with my fiancee's car trapped inside. Our landlord was able to get the door opening and closing, but a part is required to get the opener working again. That being the case, my lovely has elected to park her car on the road until the garage opener is working again. 

We have "odd even" parking in our city, which means that you're allowed to park your car on the street overnight, as long as it's parked on the correct side of the street. If the date (before midnight) is even, you park on the side of the street with the even-numbered houses, and vice versa if the date is odd.

I explained all that to tell you this: My fiancee parked her car on the wrong side of the street. So, before 2am (when odd-even enforcement starts), I ran out, wearing the LulaRoe Julia dress and white sheer nylons I had been wearing all night, and moved her car from the even side to the odd side. 

Wow! What a long-winded way to say I walked out to the street and back. LOL! 

Friday 7/31/26:

I woke up an hour early and ran to the local Walgreens, to pick up a prescription and to find a decent mascara, as I'd lost the Dollar Tree mascara I bought last week. I suppose it's for the best. A person shouldn't wear $1.25 mascara, or any $1.25 makeup, anyway.

So I walked out to my car, still parked on the street, wearing a blue and gray LulaRoe Julia dress, nude pantyhose layered over hot pink holdup stockings, and a hoodie, then drove to Walgreens, where I picked up my prescription without a problem (as usual) and spent more time than necessary looking at mascara. When I found one I quite liked, I walked to the checkout, paid for it and went back home, where I walked back into the house, tried on the new mascara (loved it), then jumped in the shower to get ready for work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment